Saturday, March 1, 2008

Out of Touch

The other day, my cell phone wasn't charged so I opted to just leave it home. Mrs. Beisbolfan asked if I wanted to borrow the car charger. I said that I didn't want to because I had heard that the rapid charge nature of a car charger would quickly destroy the phone's battery. This phone's battery is pretty good and I didn't want to risk it. Mrs. B. then asked if I wanted to borrow her phone. Again, no thanks.
As I was driving down the road, I suddenly felt weird, like I was not dressed, or like I was without a seatbelt, or without the car's body...just racing down the road with the steering wheel and four tires. It was a strange feeling. Hard to describe. Even when I have my phone, I never hear it ring, but I do hear it when I get a new (annoyed) message.
How did we get to this point? We can't be out of touch for 2 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment