Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NEWS

Did you ever notice that NEWS might an acronym for North East West South? I thought not. Maybe it's my own little backronym.
Have you ever wondered about werds? I mean, "News", how did that come to be? This is something new, and here is something else that's new! I know, let's gather them all up and call them, uh, um, well, News!
My former company used to gather up all the new features for a release of their software and call it news. Here are all the new things we have for you. Here are the news. Of course, they are based in a country whose first language is not English, so they just don't get all the subtleties of the language. But then I realised, this time, they got it awkwardly right.

Is anyone else sick of all conversations being tempered with the phrase "of course, in this economy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment